Ginger Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Apples
- 4 1" thick center cut pork chops (bone-in)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small clove garlic – finely chopped
- 3 small apples – peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 1/3 cup Gastrique PURE Infused Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, if desired
- Pat both sides of the pork chops dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over high heat until simmering. Add pork chops; cook, turning once, 2-3 minutes on each side or until pork is browned. Remove pork chops from the pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium; add the butter and the garlic, and cook, stirring constantly for about a minute. Add the apples continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until the apples just begin to soften. Add cider and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; return pork chops to pan and cover. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 71°C. Remove pork chops from the pan, place on a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Add Gastrique PURE Infused Maple Syrup to the pan. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- To serve, cover the pork chops with the Gastrique sauce and apples. Enjoy!