Lamb Loin Chops with Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
- 1 - 1.5 kg Lamb Loin Chop (bone in)
- 3 tbsp PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium size white onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 cups red wine (2 to cook and 1 to drink)
- 2 cups water
- Marinate lamb loin chops with salt, black pepper, rosemary and thyme. Rub seasoning all over lamb (best overnight or 2 hours in advance)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack middle position.
- Crush garlic cloves
- Dice white onions
- In a stainless Steel Sauciers pan approx. 3 qt sautee garlic and onions over high heat together with oil.
- Add lamb and pan fried to sear in moisture and flavour.
- Pour in red wine and water. Add herb sprigs.
- Add PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
- Braise lamb in oven for approximately 3 hours or until lamb is tender. Longer time is required if your cut is thick or have more meat.
- Carefully remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meat should be fall off the bone tender.