A hearty and flavourful lamb chop recipe with the sweet and savoury notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves infused maple syrup. From our PURE Brand Ambassador Nancy Wu. See more of her reviews and recipes at Nomss. Need a dessert to go with dinner? Try Nancy’s Lavender & Chai Simple Bread Pudding.
Lamb Loin Chops with Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
Servings: 3 people
- 1 - 1.5 kg Lamb Loin Chop (bone in)
- 3 tbsp PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium size white onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 cups red wine (2 to cook and 1 to drink)
- 2 cups water
- Marinate lamb loin chops with salt, black pepper, rosemary and thyme. Rub seasoning all over lamb (best overnight or 2 hours in advance)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack middle position.
- Crush garlic cloves
- Dice white onions
- In a stainless Steel Sauciers pan approx. 3 qt sautee garlic and onions over high heat together with oil.
- Add lamb and pan fried to sear in moisture and flavour.
- Pour in red wine and water. Add herb sprigs.
- Add PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
- Braise lamb in oven for approximately 3 hours or until lamb is tender. Longer time is required if your cut is thick or have more meat.
- Carefully remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meat should be fall off the bone tender.