Recipe by Chef Peter Dewar
Peach Filo Log
Servings: 12 servings
- 600 g (6 peaches) ripe peaches, pit removed and diced small
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup Pure Infused Maple Syrup Vanilla, Cinnamon & Star Anise
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- In large bowl, combine diced peaches, ¼ cup sliced almonds, Pure Infused Maple Syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface with short edge closest to you, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent drying out. Brush with butter. Layer with 3 more sheets, brushing each with butter.
- Spoon half of the peach mixture along short edge, leaving 2-inch border along each long edge; fold in long edges. Starting at filling edge and roll to form a log.
- Place roll, seam side down, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; brush with butter. Make 6 diagonal cuts through phyllo top. Recipe will make 2 rolls.
- Bake in 350 F oven until pastry is golden about 30 minutes. Let cool on pan for 10 minutes. To serve, cut each roll into 6 slices, drizzle Pure Infused Maple Syrup over the roll and garnish with the remaining almonds.