Unbaked Maple Nanaimo Bars
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- 2 tbsp Hutchinson Maple Syrup, or Pure Infused Vanilla, Cinnamon & Star Anise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp to 1/4 cup water (as needed)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Hutchinson Maple Syrup, or Pure Infused Vanilla, Cinnamon & Star Anise
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup water (as needed)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Grease an 8x8 pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine walnuts, coconut, oats and dates in a food processor, pulse until pieces are combined and uniform in size.
- Add cocoa, maple syrup, salt and vanilla, and pulse until it begins to form a ball.
- If necessary, add water slowly until the dough sticks together.
- Press into the pan in a uniform layer
- In a high speed blender, add soaked cashews, melted oil, maple syrup and water as necessary to blend.
- Blend until you have reached a very smooth consistency.
- Spread over the crust layer in the pan.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave or in a double boiler.
- Add melted coconut.
- Pour over filling layer in the pan.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour in the freezer before serving.
- Store Nanaimo bars in freezer.
- Cut with a knife that has been run under hot water to prevent the chocolate from cracking.