- 1 egg, room temperature, separated
- 1 1/4 cups cups flour (310 ml)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 ml)
- 1/8 tsp salt (0.5 ml)
- 3/4 cup milk (175 ml)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (30 ml)
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted and cooled (45 ml)
- Beat the egg white in a small bowl until stiff and set aside.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine egg yolk, milk, maple syrup and melted butter or margarine.
- Add to dry ingredients until just blended. Do not overbeat the batter or waffles won’t be as fluffy.
- Follow directions for making waffles with your waffle maker.